Top 10 Domain Sales of 2016
as reported by DNJournal.com
1) HG.com $3,770,000 – Chinese Wine Selling Site
2) Vivo.com $2,100,000 – Cell phone Co.
3) Jade.com $1,250,000 – Natural Resource Co. Jade Mining, forwards to JadeMineResources.com
4) LA.com $1,200,000 – Coming Soon Page
5) TP.com $929,000 – Trump Pence Official Unofficial Blog, no info I guess because they haven’t accomplished anything yet…lol
6) YK.com $900,000 – Doesn’t resolve
7) Kiwi.com $800,000 – Cheap Flights
8) Rate.com $725,000 – Home Finance
9) 997.com $688,888.88 – 404 Not Found Page
Tied for 10th are 2 Domains
10) DA.com $650,000 – Does not resolve
10) Furniture.co.uk $650,000 – UK Furniture Co.
Let’s look at these Top 2016 domain name sales a little bit. All .com except for the last (tied for 10th spot) which is a UK Country Code TLD. The Industries represented from these top 10 domain sales (at the time of this posting) represent Wine, Cell phones, Natural Resource Co./Gem Mining, Travel, Furniture, and the others which are not resolving we will name Investments. So, If you are a domain investor or are thinking about investing in domains here are some pretty good stats to think about when making your decisions in your investing. Domain Names Matter.